Sunday, April 11, 2010

Maple Tree....


I am so sad to say....our sweet Maple Tree died last night....I have lost track of her age either 12 or 13 yrs. She had a lot against her...huge cantaloupe size tumor in her tummy, legs that would hardly work individually, teeth broken off at the gums...a bark that was now only a squeak, 2 bouts vestibular disease that left her deaf, and clouded eyes... but she still "ran with the big boys" in her own way, picking her battles, she considered the garden's compost pile as Granny's Buffet, she picked/ate fresh peaches, apricots, plums including pits (thus the teeth situation), and would always be there for petting. But the last 2 days I knew she was now on a different journey. Hamburger and a great hunk of bread was not even worth a sniff, she no longer wanted to move, only pant...till...it was so close to the end...and I thank my God that my son was home...and we transported her to emergency...and there she died...we all love you Brownie's baby...our Maple Tree...Winslow, Manuel (not Emanuel), Bocachica, Sergio, Delmar, Moses, Manchester, Tiger, Melky, Anna, Taffeta....and I'm sure I have forgotten a few...she loved to add to her name...mainly a lot of sports stars...she was a good friend/companion...I will miss her soft/wavy/blond fur...and her bark at night to help her move...I will miss everything about her...Love....Lady

No comments: