Thursday, March 4, 2010

GREEN


Today....I was wearing green...not a little green, everything seemed to be green, my nails (2 shades), shirts, socks and shoes, jewelry and headband. I was thinking "green" for my art today and thought if I wore the color I might get more inspired. What does "green" mean...

GREEN
If you're talking color...it is created out of a mixture of yellow and blue. It is the color of nature, fertility, life and symbolizes self-respect and well-being. It is the color of balance. It also means learning, growth and harmony. It was believed green was healing for the eyes. Egyptians wore green eyeliner (which I would absolutely love). You should eat raw green foods for good health, it is associated with the heart chakra...it is a color of healthy relationships.

GOING GREEN
Means to pursue knowledge and practice that can lead to more environmentally friendly and ecologically responsible decisions and lifestyles,which can help protect the environment and sustain its natural resources for current and future generations....carbon footprint, climate change, conservation, construction, energy and fuels, food and eating, gardening, global warming, health, home improvement, natural resources, pollution, recycling, technology, transportation, waste, water, and much more. I found this awesome site re going green which provides 10 simple things you can do today to help reduce your environmental impact, save money, and life a happier healthier life...take a peak
http://www.worldwatch.org/resources/go_green_save_green

GO GREEN
- to betray, to wrong
"He went green on me yesterday"

Hmmmmm...maybe I needed to wear more green, because wow he totally went green on me 100s of times!!!!

No comments: