Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Sleep is overrated!

4 hours at the gym...it only helps to compensate for all the candy I ate today. I don't usually eat candy, but remembered seeing it last time I opened the freezer for some ice cream, I mean vegetables. Hard to judge how much to purchase for a bunco event, and instead of throwing away, there it is in all its chewy splendor in my freezer. Hence the 4 hours to work off part of that whole eating frenzy. In bed at midnight, exhausted from running/kicking/riding/lifting classes and of course chewing the candy...the alarm clock, computer, cell phone lights all emitting those dreadfully bright green flashing rays of light. Felt like I was in the midst of laser surgery. I put a shirt over the clock, hid both the computer/phone under the bed...now it is 3 a.m. Quite obvious that the road directly behind my house/fence (which was suppose to be a bike/walking path but turned into a 4-lane 50 mph ahhh highway!!!) was way too quiet. I remember in the "good ole days" when this rural area seemed so peaceful, aka Martha Stewartish...then the big lie from the city re the "path" and quiet walkers turned into semi-truck drivers...and the peacefulness turned into wearing earplugs while I garden. Look out my window and see the huge flashing reader board that the road is closed while they do additional repairs (probably making it into a 6 lane freeway)...and the sound I longed for...of complete silence....is way too quiet. I can't sleep....it is 6 a.m., getting up to see if there is more candy in the freezer.

No comments: